Fifteen mins into the film, the joy of watching the Bigg Boss of Bollywood, a Salman Khan movie, in an Indian hall was realized. Along with the crowds, I whistled, shouted and cheered his entry on screen with Tiger Zinda Hai – a visually stunning, full paisa vasool, hard action entertainer. My ticket value redeemed then itself. TZH is no Baby, Airlift, XXX or Fast & the Furious; but in the way we love most, it’s Salman Khan tearing down a much-hated terror empire.
TZH looked a winner the day its trailer was out. The subject of someone daring to take on the most hated & dreaded global terror outfit itself made the movie clap worthy. In an age where everyone and anyone gets offended by everything and anything, TZH’s success story continued when it steered clear of any controversy. Make no mistake the real-life terror outfit (sorry such a lowly bunch of coward losers that don’t deserve mention of their name on my blog), have their own global fan following and sympathisers. With high octane action, gripping hostage sequences, foot tapping music, IndoPak solidarity entrenched, CP Plus cameras installed at Innsbruck (Austria!), clever ways to breach a terror fortress to Katrina Kaif’s brilliant fight sequence – everything about the movie is worth the visual delight, your time and money. I mean move over Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra with your bit part action roles in Hollywood flicks, Katrina’s action in TZH is the real deal.
The movie has its share of flaws, lack of logic, drags at times and the villain isn’t at all menacing. But hey it’s the holiday season and it’s Salman kicking ass and mouthing some great dialogues. So enjoy that.
Here’s my chosen best 15 Tiger Zinda Hai dialogues.
1. Aadmi ki pehchaan uski zubaan se hoti hai.
2. Kya baat hai sir aap ne poora homework karke aaya hai … ‘haan maa ne bachpan me sikhayi thi’.
3. Tu tu tu, tu tu taara. Jaa rahaa hai Tiger on mission dobaara.
4. Aadmi us din nahi marta jis din uske sar se dum nikal jaata, Aadmi us din marta hai jis din uski izzat cheen li jaati hai.
5. Hindustaani hai na, masala kuch zyaada hi pasand hai!
6. Chote kafan (when young kids die) zyaada bhaari hote hain.
7. Tu jaake chowk se logon ko nikaal, main kuch ko duniya se nikaalta hoon.
8. Hamaara (Pakistani) mission sirf nurses ko bachane ke liye nahi hai, hamara mission apni khoi hui izzat waapas paane ke liye bhi hai. That we stand for peace.
9. Agar batwaare ki line (partition) beech se nahi kheenchti, to Akram Sachin ek hi team se khelti .. aur saari ki saari World Cup hamari hoti
10. Humaari tennis player (Sania Mirza) ki bhi to aapki mulk me shaadi ho gayee…… To achchi baat hai na …… Kya achchi baat? baachi ki saari form kharaab ho gayee.
11. Hum hamaari (Hindustaani) usuloon aur insaaniyat ko desh ki politics se mix nahi karenge. Ab hum Tiger ke saath dono Indian aur Pakistani nurses ko wahaan se nikaalenge. Am with Tiger on this.
12. Aapni aapni kursiyon ki peti kas ke baandh lo, aapki bhabi aa chuki hai.
13. Is duniya ki shuruwaat sirf insaniyat se hui thi aur ab is duniya me sirf ek mazhab ki zaroorat hai.. Insaniyat.
14. Sir, aisa laga yamraaj ekdum se touch karke nikal gaya!
15. Upar waala sar dekhkar Sardarri (Leadership) deta hai, don’t let this opportunity go by.
Rating: 3.75/5 (Great watch on big screen, keep part of your brains home, just get your Swaag into the hall)
Sabko gale lagaana hai apni culture ka aadat. Swaag se karenge hum sabka swaagat!
Awaiting the third sequel!
Update Christmas 2018 – Scissors Paper Stones
I have recently launched my first travel book “Scissors Paper Stones” – A budget travel guide for middle class families who have dreams unlimited, but their thoughts and pockets restricted. You can buy the book by clicking on the links below: