India’s decimation of Pakistan in Cricket World Cup 2019.. A post mortem of all the on-field and off–field happenings!
1. Vice Captain Rohit Sharma really could have made 250 runs all by himself today.. but just got bored.
2. While Indian experts & media debated for months about the #4 batting spot; our team management have quietly upgraded it and made it flexible. When it’s a good start, Pandya comes in and when it’s not a good start.. touchwood that’s not going to happen.
3. Hardik Pandya wasn’t middling the ball well and struggling out there … yet scored 26 runs at 130% strike rate!
4. The street smart Kedar Jadhav is probably being wasted down and should be our #5 batsmen.
5. But then, every player in this team is putting his hand up (a sign of a great unit) – KL Rahul gave us a good start while Vijay Shankar made runs & took wickets! Whom to drop .. when Gabbar returns?
6. Such is our bench strength that Mohd Shami coming in next match (ahead of the unfit Bhuvi) will actually upgrade the bowling unit’s threat!
7. Kuldeep & Chahal are still making Kul-Cha of opposition batsmen… after hurting them with the Cha-Ku!
8. Pakistan lost four top order wickets to Hardik Pandya & Vijay Shankar. Seriously? Jasprit Bumrah & Bhuvi weren’t even required much today!
9. India vs Pakistan head to head WC record now stands at 7-0!
10. India now have one foot in the WC2019 SemiFinals & may give games to some bench players vs weaker opposition.
XI. The World Cup is coming home!
Don’t agree on the above? Well, India won this match ..
– despite Shikhar Dhawan not playing.
– despite a key bowler hobbling off.
– despite Virat Kohli losing the toss.
– despite India asked to bat in overcast conditions.
– despite Pakistan batting second, which is helpful in Duckworthless (D/L!!) situations.
– despite Sarfaraz very relaxed and yawning on field.
– despite Sania Mirza supporting India only 50%.
– despite Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan getting involved, giving Sarfaraz advice on Twitter.
– despite Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi being kattis (not your friend) with Imran Khan at the recent SCO meet.
– despite Amit Shah not involved in strategising.
– despite ‘Exit polls’saying it will be a close match.
– despite weather gods threatening to wash off the match.
– despite Virat Kohli walking off even when he was not out.
– despite Virat not taking DRS when a Pakistan batsman was clean LBW.
How much more olive hand can India extend.. yeh to Olive orchard tha..!!!
Disclaimer: The above article was published first in UTSAV Singapore newsletter.
The best of Twitter comments! .. as the day progressed!
The Cricket World Cup 2019 is coming home!